Engineering Intern: Distribution Design and Planning (paid internship)
To develop college students who are pursuing a degree in engineering while providing opportunity for them to apply their knowledge and skills learned in college. The internship will provide assistance to the Engineering design and planning team, while fulfilling WRVEC’s Mission and Vision Statements.
Under the guidance of a professional engineer, the successful candidate will be involved with all aspects of electric distribution design and planning. Job functions include, but not limited, the following:
- Design and data analysis
- Compliance reviews
- System studies with computer modeling (voltage drop, load flow, arc flash, fault current, coordination)
- Work order reviews
- Annual and Long-Range planning
- Financial analysis with construction projects
- Autocad construction drawings
- Pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an accredited institution, currently maintaining a cumulative GPA of at least a B+. Must provide current transcripts.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the company
- Demonstrate professional competence to completing responsibilities
- Computer skills needed to extract information from various sources, conducting analysis, and building reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects
- Excellent with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to learn new computer software
- Analytical skills with attention to details
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S.
Experience the Intern Will Gain:
The successful candidate will gain experience on how standard engineering principles are applied to effectively construct and maintain WRVEC’s infrastructure to ensure optimal system reliability for its members.
Location: WRVEC Headquarters- 2449 State Highway 76 East Branson, MO 65615
Note: This job description is for a Student Internship. This is a temporary position offering no more than 336 total hours of employment. This position is a paid position, yet no benefits are provided with such position. Management retains the right to assign or reassign duties and/or responsibilities at any time.