We are looking for an experienced Programs Coordinator in our Member Services Department. This role is responsible for overseeing Operation Round Up, WRVEC’s Scholarship Trust Program, and additional youth programs such as Youth Tour and CYCLE. The goal is to efficiently oversee each program and organize successful events that will encourage participation and fundraising.
Programs include multiple fundraising and awards events. This role will oversee every aspect of an event, from choosing venues to evaluating success afterwards. The ideal candidate is well-organized and competent in vendor management. Communication skills and attention to detail are a must.
- Understand requirements for each program
- Manage program applicants and paperwork
- Manage all event operations (preparing venue, invitations etc.)
- Oversee event happenings and act quickly to resolve problems
- Work closely with communications/ marketing personnel for programs and event promotion
- Plan events with attention to financial and time constraints
- Secure grants, book venues and arrange entertainment when necessary
- Schedule volunteers and assign duties
- Manage relationships with partnering schools and nonprofits
- Hold monthly Operation Round Up Board Meetings
- Evaluate each program’s success and submit reports
- A proven track record of organizing successful events
- Degree in hospitality management, public relations, marketing or relevant field
- Proficient in MS Office, Adobe preferred
- Excellent vendor management skills
- Knowledge of basic volunteer recruitment practices
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Well-organized with multi-tasking skills
- Problem-solving abilities
- Previous grant writing preferred
To view job openings available at other cooperatives, visit Touchstone Energy here.