CONSENT AND NOTICE REGARDING ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
WHITE RIVER VALLEY ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE
(“WRVEC OR THE COOPERATIVE”)
1. Electronic Signature Agreement. By selecting the "I Accept" button, you are signing this Agreement electronically. You agree your electronic signature is the legal equivalent of your manual signature on this Agreement. By selecting "I Accept" you consent to be legally bound by this Agreement's terms and conditions. You further agree that your use of a key pad, mouse or other device to select an item, button, icon or similar act/action, or to otherwise provide WRVEC instructions via its website or in accessing or making any transaction regarding any agreement, acknowledgement, consent, disclosures or conditions constitutes your signature (hereafter referred to as "E-Signature"), acceptance and agreement as if actually signed by you in writing. You also agree that no certification authority or other third party verification is necessary to validate your E-Signature and that the lack of such certification or third party verification will not in any way affect the enforceability of your E-Signature or any resulting contract between you and WRVEC. You also represent that you are authorized to enter into this Agreement for all persons who own or are authorized to access any of your accounts and that such persons will be bound by the terms of this Agreement. You further agree that each use of your E-Signature constitutes your agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of the WRVEC policies and agreements related to electronic communications as they exist on the date of your E-Signature.
2. Consent to Electronic Delivery. You specifically agree to receive and/or obtain any and all WRVEC related "Electronic Communications" (defined below) via electronic mail from WRVEC. The term "Electronic Communications" includes, but is not limited to, any and all current and future notices, communications and/or disclosures that various federal and/or state laws or regulations require that we provide to you, as well as such other documents, statements, data, records and any other communications regarding your WRVEC membership, accounts or privileges. You acknowledge that, for your records, you are able to retain Electronic Communications by printing and/or downloading and saving this Agreement and any other agreements and Electronic Communications, documents, or records that you use with your E-Signature or receive electronically from the Cooperative. You accept Electronic Communications provided via WRVEC’s electronic communication system as reasonable and proper notice, for the purpose of any and all laws, rules, and regulations, including notices required by the bylaws of the Cooperative, and agree that such electronic form fully satisfies any requirement that such communications be provided to you in writing or in a form that you may keep.
3. Paper version of Electronic Communications. You may request a paper version of an Electronic Communication. You acknowledge that WRVEC reserves the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the production and mailing of paper versions of Electronic Communications. To request a paper copy of an Electronic Communication, please contact us at (417) 335-9335.
4. Revocation of electronic delivery. You have the right to withdraw your consent to receive/obtain Electronic Communications from the Cooperative. You acknowledge that WRVEC reserves the right to restrict or terminate your access to its electronic communication system or website if you abuse such system or privileges related to the Cooperative website, as determined in its sole and absolute discretion. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact us at (417) 335-9335.
5. Valid and current email address, notification and updates. Your current valid email address is required in order for you to provide E-Signatures and to obtain Electronic Communications from WRVEC. You agree to keep the Cooperative informed of any changes in your email address and to maintain a valid and current email address on record with the Cooperative. You may modify your email address by submitting a written request to WRVEC, by visiting a branch location, or by submitting a secure message through the WRVEC website. The Cooperative may notify you through email when an Electronic Communication or updated agreement pertaining to electronic communications is available. It is your responsibility to regularly check for Electronic Communications from the Cooperative and to check for updates to this Agreement posted online at whiteriver.org.
6. Hardware, software and operating system. You are responsible for installation, maintenance, and operation of your computer, browser and software. The Cooperative is not responsible for errors or failures from any malfunction of your computer, browser or software, nor is the Cooperative responsible for computer viruses or related problems associated with use of an online e-signature system or receipt of Electronic Communications.
7. Controlling Agreement. This Agreement supplements and modifies other agreements that you may have with the Cooperative. To the extent that this Agreement and another agreement contain conflicting provisions, the provisions in this agreement will control on matters related to Electronic Signatures and the receipt of Electronic Communications. All other obligations of the parties remain subject to the terms and conditions of any other agreement.
To obtain electronic services and communications, indicate your consent to the terms and conditions of this Agreement by clicking on the "I Accept" button to move on to submit the application.