The Nominating Committee of White River Valley Electric Cooperative met at WRVEC headquarters at 10:30 A.M. on June 15, 2023. Each candidate’s qualifications to serve as Board of Director were vetted by the Nominating Committee in accord with the Cooperative’s bylaws. Candidates provided answers to a series of questions for the Committee to evaluate the knowledge and experience that could be brought to the boardroom to benefit the Cooperative membership. Although it is not required at this time, candidates were also asked to disclose any third-party campaign contributions for transparency.
Required qualifications include:
• Being a member of the Cooperative in good-standing
• No relation to current employees and/or directors as defined by the nepotism policy
• Not employed by, or have financially competing interests with, the Cooperative/business selling electric energy/supplies to WRVEC
• Possess the ability to enter legally binding contracts
• Never been convicted of, or pleaded guilty to, a felony or crime of moral turpitude (embezzlement, fraud, stealing, forgery, etc.)
• Disclose any connections or relationships that could be seen as a conflict of interest
After due consideration, the Committee made their 2023 Board of Director nominations in order of preference (left to right/top to bottom) for Cooperative member consideration. Click on each candidate’s photo to learn more!
*Nominating Committee’s top choice for 2023 Board of Director Candidate for this District
In addition to being interviewed and vetted through the nominating process, candidates have provided information to share their experience and point-of-view with the Cooperative membership. They are published as received.