WRVEC’s new community enhancement initiative
White River Valley Electric Cooperative and its trust program, Operation Round Up, are expanding their charitable works with a new initiative focused on community development and volunteerism.
“Plugged In”, WRVEC’s Community Enhancement Program, provides grants and old-fashioned sweat equity to organizations seeking assistance for community-driven projects in Taney, Stone, Christian, Douglas, and Ozark Counties. The program is designed to grow area economies, promote community revitalization, and strengthen overall livability in each county. Grants will be given to organizations that offer strong missions, proposals, and track-records. Up to $15,000 in grant monies are available for each county project plus volunteer participation, where applicable.
To be considered, projects must do at least one of the following:
- Increase employment and economic opportunities
- Rehabilitate and upgrade residential housing
- Preserve wildlife, marine, and recreational areas for public enjoyment
- Improve public safety or promote education thereof
- Enhance neighborhood appearance or cleanliness
- Improve viability of commercial areas and enhance the business environment
- Provide programs and training opportunities for residents to prosper
Applications closed June 30, 2021.