Sometimes life can be hard. Here at WRVEC, we understand that – and so do our members. Thousands of WRVEC members generously volunteer to have their monthly electric bills rounded up to the nearest dollar to help community members in need through our Operation Round Up program. Some of this generosity funds monthly grants to help families and organizations with basic needs such as food, shelter and clothing during difficult circumstances.
Before submitting a request for assistance, take note of the following:
- Application must be completely filled out before it will be put on the monthly agenda.
- Award recipients must reside within the White River Valley Electric Cooperative’s service area. None of the award disbursement may be applied toward electric bills owed to the Cooperative.
- If applying for an organizational grant, all monies received must go toward the organizations specified request.
- If applying for an individual grant, strongest consideration will be given to individuals who maintain steady employment, but have fallen behind on bills due to unforeseen circumstances (i.e. medical emergency or illness).
- Applicants will be notified in writing as to the outcome of their request after the monthly Trust Board meeting.
- Applicants and references should expect to receive communication from the Board of Directors to confirm the request and if necessary, gather additional details.